Tuesday, April 8, 2008

an element of romance

It is a small and lone house in that part of the hilly region.
Going inside, there is a medium-sized hall adjacent to a
small room and a kitchen and finally a simple yet
beautiful bedroom. The bedroom is dimly lit yet the
two souls sitting on the bed can be seen easily through
the light seeping out from the hall. They converse something
but it is not audible enough from the hall because it's raining
heavily outside and the sound of rain pouring down kills
the murmuring voice of the couple.Their posture and
the fading voice might sound like the discussion of a serious
problem on hearing from the hall, but going closer,
one gets a different story.
The bedroom is plain and simple, yet nothing could have
made the room so beautiful and aesthetic than the romantic
voices of the couple on that wonderful night.
SHE : What are you looking at in my face?
(he laughs)
SHE : Tell me.
HE : Nothing. Just trying to grasp what this beautiful face
trying to convey me all the time.
SHE : Dont lie my dear writer. You will be caught.
what could an ugly face tell you.
HE : I am not lying anyway. why should I lie to my wife.
moreover,why should I try to impress something that
belongs to me already.
SHE : This is the problem with the writers. They always
pep up and exaggerate a simple thing to the greatest
possible degree. Somekind of mania for you people.
(She tries to get up telling that, but he pulls her hand
and makes her sit very close to him this time)
HE : Mam hold on. Do you know one basic thing? nothing
would come out of nothing.Exaggeration is not a derogatory
word. People made it sound like that.There is no fixed definition
to beauty in this world. The beauty of any object can only be
defined by the person who sees it and...
SHE : enough enough. I am not ready to argue with you.
You people can conjure anything out of nothing. A writer is
wrost than a magician, atleast he conceals all his lies in an
entertaining way to treat people visually. But you writers
straight away call a lie true and try to prove it with nothing
to support it. you liars. You can lie to me but my mirror will
never because it doesnt except anything in return so as to impress me.
HE : hmmm
SHE : Leave all those. You tell me, where is the hidden beauty
in my face which eluded my eyes all these days.
HE : what does your mirror tell you? If you stare at it
thinking that you look ugly then your brainless and stupid
mirror will vomit and throw the same in the reflection.
that's why you should always ask me.
(she tries to leave again, but he stops her)
HE : Just hear how my heart reflect to your face and
then leave, my foolish lady.
A dark complexion which never made me feel that
i am not fair and handsome, giving me the satisfied
feeling of a perfect match,
a pair of beautiful eyes which always long to see me,
a flat nose which takes the breath of my loved one,
chubby cheeks which bore all my soulful kisses,
a pair of lips seeming tired after kissing me with romance
and chaste for years, wrinkled skin showing the fifty years
of your care and love for me, as a whole your face exemplies
the law of nature, you old woman.
If you ask ur son he will reflect in different way.
If you ask your friend they will reflect in their own way.
Dont ask the mirror, it will never tell You the truth.
It doesnt know how beautiful my wife is.
SHE hugs him and then she gives a praised kiss in his forehead overwhelmed by his love.

3 comments:

krishna said...

nice allu. you are turning out to be really good at this. write more. about anything and everything. i used to have apprehensions as to what readers would like and what not. but it is immaterial. this is the place to deposit your thoughts and do it freely. one advice- try something with an elemnt of humor to it. but oh well1 good going

«AM» said...

there is seriously no need for a hilarious story, the story itself is great to read being so simple. Nice work. True love... is so wonderful...

Saami said...

Yet another vivid and novel portrayal of the famous philisophy of "Beauty Lies In The Eyes Of The Beholder".A gentle twist to the tale towards the end does also exhibit RAJA's genuine imagination and streamlined narration.
Hats off!!
His usage of mirror as a tool to aid his 'proof by contradiction' is absolutely impeccable.

A truly creative account..